Winter is really in town and even if the weather’s a bit harsh, there are a lot of fun things we can do whether with our family or friends! Teenagers have another meaning for fun than the younger ones so let them enjoy their winter break with these activities that they can do with their friends, or better yet their cliques!
1. Nothing beats a slumber party with the girls, but this time, host a nice movie night with your friends and pick some christmas comedy or if you want to extend the chills of Halloween, go for intense movies! Still have a lot of time to spare? Make your own dinner and snacks before your movie night as everything’s more fun with food! Instead of feasting with junk foods, have some assorted bowls of fruits and veggie biscuits!
2. Want to do some serious fun while burning calories with your friends? Have a Build-a-Snowman contest and prepare a nice award for the group that will win! The judges? Your parents! After a great activity in the snow, finish your contest with some gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate. Don’t forget to take pictures!
3. Make some baked goodies with your bestfriend! Baking is a great way to bond with your family and friends and it’s even more fun when you get to eat the delicious goodies you made! Make a few batches of cookies and fruit bars, you can keep some and give away some to your other friends! If you want a bigger crowd, you can ask some of your friends to join in your baking session! The more, the merrier!
4. Hanging out with a set friends is very popular among teens, sometimes we become close too much that we haven’t made new friends for the past months. So how do you make new friends? Invite some people in your class that you haven’t had the chance to talk to or spend time with! Or maybe you have joined and organization in school but haven’t really had the chance to get to know them well. Go out and have fun! Visit the mall or better yet, have brunch in Stillwells Restaurant and talk over good food!
5. Have a winter spa party at your house! Treat yourselves without spending too much of your savings by using fresh fruits as face masks, buying a bottle of winter colored nail polish and make your own lip gloss! Take turns in applying the face mask, avocado and banana have amazing benefits but if you want a softer and brighter skin, grab some milk, pour some honey and add some lemon then apply to your face, you’ll have soft and smooth skin in minutes!Winter shouldn’t be dreaded because of the cold weather it brings, as they say, if life gives you lemons, make a lemonade! Life’s giving us snow and cold weather, we should enjoy every bit of it! Have fun!